Who We Work With
To ensure that Northland’s tourism industry interests are considered at all levels.
Destination Northland ensures that our industry’s interests are promoted and considered at all levels in the regional environment acting on Northland’s behalf in national forums.
For the local industry DNL facilitates tourism communications and information flows and creates marketing partnership opportunities for tourism operators.
DNL's primary role is as a facilitator and planner, rather than as a funder and operator. Its marketing role is strategic and generic rather than product specific, achieving outcomes for the benefit and promotion of the Northland destination and brand.
Key relationships and industry partners
- Tourism operators
- Northland Tourism Development Group (TDG)
- Travel trade, wholesalers, inbound operators
- Media professionals - print, broadcast, online
- Local Authorities (NRC, FNDC, WDC)
- Tourism New Zealand
- Tourism Industry Association (TIANZ)
- Inbound Tour Operators Council (ITOC)
- Conventions & Incentives NZ (CINZ)
- NZ Convention Bureau (NZCB)
Ministry of Economic Development (Tourism)